To find the best cordless hammer drill, we tested more than 50 drill sets from 15 different brands. After the test, we compared each drill’s score to bring the best power tools in front of you.
Moreover, we read countless reviews from thousands of users and added those to your test results. Whether you are looking for power, speed, durability, or the best value, we have covered all of those in our list of the best cordless hammer drill.
Moreover, after running various torque and speed tests with real-world applications, we know the best cordless drill will vary from the user’s perspective.
Every user has his/her own unique needs, and DIYers and contractors will demand different cordless hammer drills to satisfy themselves.
We kept this in mind before choosing the best cordless hammer drills for our list. We also added a buying guide to clear your concept on cordless drills and purchase the best one that suits your need.
List of the 9 Best Cordless Hammer Drills
- DEWALT DCH273B 20V: Powerful Best Cordless Hammer Drill
- Milwaukee 2804-20 M18 FUEL 1/2 in. One of The Best Cordless Hammer Drill
- Makita XPH07Z 18V Lithium-Ion Battery Brushless Cordless 1/2″ Hammer Driver-Drill
- DeWALT DCH133B 20V Max Brushless D-Handle Rotary Best Cordless Hammer Drill
- Milwaukee 2712-20 Rotary Best Cordless Hammer, SDS Plus
- DeWALT DCD996B 20V XR – Best Cordless Hammer Drill
- PORTER-CABLE PCC620LB 20V MAX Tool Only – Best Cordless Hammer Drill (Light Weight)
- CRAFTSMAN CMCD711C2 V20 Cordless Hammer Drill Kit: Best Budget Best Cordless Hammer Drill
- RYOBI P1812 ONE+ Hammer Drill Kit – Best Cordless Hammer Drill Combo Kit
Now we will describe the seven best cordless drills:
1. DEWALT DCH273B 20V: Powerful Best Cordless Hammer Drill
The DEWALT DCH273B best cordless hammer drill (rotary hammer drill) is one of the most robust tools by DEWALT. We love this cordless drill for its active vibration control and optimized ergonomic cordless design. Both features provide ultimate user comfort and increased performance.
The brushless motor extends the life span and the running speed of the machine. This model comes with a brushless motor and a durable German engineered mechanism, which delivers an extended runtime and efficient performance.
Heavy-duty power tools usually produce significant vibrations that can be tiresome and inconvenient for many operators. With DeWALT DCH273B, you have minimal chance to be tired.
This model has ‘SHOCKS Active Vibration Control Technology,’ which makes it an easy-to-use tool. Moreover, this technology significantly increases performance by reducing vibration at the handles, thereby delivers more user comfort.
The DEWALT DCH273B best cordless hammer drill (rotary hammer drill) generates about 2.1 Joules of force, giving it enough power to withstand the most vital tasks.
The rotary hammer drill comes with a rotating dial to set the tool to a specific mode: drill, hammer drill, or chip which gives you flexibility while performing various jobs.
This tool produces a no-load speed of 0 – 1,100 rpm, utmost concrete drilling from 3/16 to 1/2 inch. It has a chuck type-SDS Plus and blows per minute of 0 – 4,600 BPM.
The handle is a D-shaped handle is covered by rubber which makes it easy to grip. Besides, the design eliminates user fatigue, especially while working for a long time.
The 360 degrees side handle is attached to the front of the device, which helps you to get reasonable control of the device as you work with it.
Key Features and Specifications
- Power Source: Battery Powered
- Voltage: 20 Volts
- Brushless motor for extra runtime, more power, and durability
- Active Vibration Control to reduce vibration
- 2.1 Joules impact energy which delivers corded power without the cord
- Compatible with DEWALT 20V MAX tools
- Compact, lightweight design
- Premium XR 5.0Ah Lithium-Ion battery
- Retractable utility hook for easy hanging.
- No Load Speed 0 – 1,100 rpm. Optimal Concrete Drilling-5/32 – 1/2 inch.
- Chuck Type-SDS+. Blows/Min- 0 – 4,600 bpm
2. Milwaukee 2804-20 M18 FUEL 1/2 in. One of The Best Cordless Hammer Drill
There are many Milwaukee cordless hammer drills in the market. Some of Milwaukee’s best cordless hammer drills are 2803-20, 2803-22, 2804-20, 2804-22, etc. But we can say that this Milwaukee 2804-20 18 V one of the best cordless hammer drills is one of the best for heavy-duty applications.
The Milwaukee 2804-20 1/2-inch hammer drill is equipped with a powerful brushless motor. It delivers up to 60% more power. It has a 1.5-inch length and provides up to 2 times faster speed under heavy load.
The motor produces 1200 in-lbs of torque and 2000 RPMs. It also provides fast drilling in different applications.
This cordless drill is equipped with a 1/2-inch ratcheting chuck. You can work 2X faster than average drill drivers with this one. This chuck features enhanced bit grip strength, and it is corrosion-resistant.
The chuck of the drill allows you quick, easy, and single-handed bit changes even in a compact workplace. And, the grip of the best cordless hammer drill provides you comfort in your work. As a result, it helps the user eliminate pain and get an overall hold on the drill.
The Milwaukee 2804 M18 fuel 1/2-inch hammer drill is also equipped with a side handle and bit holder. Those features work as a safeguard for your tool.
Key Features of Milwaukee 2804-20 M18 FUEL
- Power Source: Cordless
- Weight: 4.53 Pounds
- Voltage: 18v
- Torque: 1200 in-lbs
- Speed: 0-2000 RPM
- Chuck Type: 1/2-inch
- Tool length: 6.9-inch
- A brushless motor powers this best cordless hammer drill for an extended lifetime, more power, and fast drilling.
- The motor also produces up to 60% more power and generates 2000 RPMs speeds with 1200 in-lbs of torque. Motor and torque help you to work effortlessly.
- The clutch lets you make proper depths when driving screws into concrete, wood, or other materials.
- This drill comes with a chuck that helps you quick and easy work and single-handed bit changes.
- Also, this chuck features increased bit grip strength.
- The LED light gives proper light to the working area if there is a short of light.
- This cordless hammer drill comes with a belt clip that defends your valuable tool from hitting the ground.
3. Makita XPH07Z 18V Lithium-Ion Battery Brushless Cordless 1/2″ Hammer Driver-Drill
If you are looking for power, then Makita XPH07Z is precisely the tool you are looking for. This device is by far the most powerful best cordless hammer drill on the market. And this mega-powerful drill comes at a very affordable price.
While brushless motors are not entirely new technology, they make your tools durable and adds more incredible performance. In fact, brushless motors are in the market since the 60s and have recently resurfaced because of prominent brands like Makita and others.
Brushless motors do not contain a commutator and brushes. This makes communication with stationary windings more intelligent and efficient. Because this new motor quickly identifies the lack of resistance, it only gathers a minimal amount of energy from the battery.
Needless to say, this type of hammer drill is better suited for professionals or those who use their power tools more often.
This tool comes with a two-speed, all-metal transmission: 0-550 and 0-2,100 RPM to cover various types of best cordless hammer drilling applications. While doing masonry works, it produces a remarkable power of 0-31,500 BPM. The electronically-controlled motor helps the drill to match the torque and rpm.
You may think that with all these features, the tool is too heavy, but at just 5.9 lbs. It is also equipped with an all-metal ½-inch self-ratcheting chuck to grip the bits tightly.
Key Features of Makita XPH07Z 18V
- Power source: Battery
- Net Weight: 5.9 lbs.
- Capacity (masonry/steel/wood): 5/8 in. | 1/2 in. | 3 in.
- No Load Speed: 0 – 550 and 0 – 2,100 RPM
- Blows Per Minute: 0 – 8,250 / 0 – 31,500 BPM
- Maximum Torque: 1,090 in.lbs.
- Battery: 18V LXT Lithium-Ion
- Overall Length: 8-1/8″
- The highly efficient electronically controlled Brushless motor optimizes battery energy use for up to 50 percent more run time per charge.
- The brushless motor makes the product much durable and robust.
- The powerful brushless motor delivers torque and RPM for any kind of application.
- Variable 2-speed transmission (0-550 & 0-2,100 RPM) for various drilling, fastening, and heavy-duty hammer drilling applications
- All metal gears and gear housing provides maximum job site durability
- All metal 1/2″ self ratcheting chuck features better bit gripping strength and durability
- Compact and ergonomic design
- Lightweight reduces operator fatigue.
4. DeWALT DCH133B 20V Max Brushless D-Handle Rotary Best Cordless Hammer Drill
The 20V Max brushless rotary best cordless hammer drill, DeWALT DCH133, delivers 2.6 joules of impact energy and comes with a 1″ drilling capacity. The optimal drilling range of this cordless drill is 3/16″ to 5/8″.
This compact drill has a rotary mode and a hammer + drill mode. A brushless motor powers the drill. Brushless motors deliver extended runtime and durability.
Brushless hammer drills are also typically more potent as they don’t have a voltage drop or friction for energy loss.
The DeWALT best cordless hammer drill also controls vibrations. The active vibration control essentially reduces the vibration felt even after working for a long time. The DeWALT anti-vibration technology offers 20% less vibration at the handles.
For this feature, you won’t feel any discomfort and fatigue. DeWALT’s SHOCKS Active Vibration Control System lessens the strain, providing more comfort and reducing the wear and tear on the joints.
The unit has a retractable hook which also a convenient feature. The hook makes it easy to store or hang the drill where ever you want.
Key Features of DeWALT DCH133B
- Power Source: Battery
- 15.26″ long
- Weight: 5 lbs
- SDS-Plus chuck
- Adjustable side handle with depth stop rod
- Rotary + impact, rotary-only, impact-only modes
- Chisel rotation
- Dust extractor ready
- 0-1,500 RPM (no-load) and 0-5,500 bpm
- The optimal drilling range is from 3/16″ to 5/8″
- Optimized 2.6 joules technology provides faster than the corded speed.
- Maintain speed through the entire application without bogging down even with a more significant bit
- Durable German engineered mechanism for extended life span, even in the most challenging concrete
- Compact size allows access to space-restricted areas
- Well suited for mechanical anchor hole drilling
- Suitable for adhesive anchor hole drilling
- Comes with an adjustable side handle with an integrated depth stop rod.
5. Milwaukee 2712-20 Rotary Best Cordless Hammer, SDS Plus
Milwaukee is the market leader in the cordless drills industry. Thousand of people trust this company without pointing any finger at a product, thanks to Milwaukee’s dedication to design, development, and performance.
For the rotary best cordless hammer drill category, Milwaukee came up with some excellent drills, and all of them can be listed as the best cordless hammer drills. The 5.
Milwaukee 2712-20 Cordless Rotary Hammer is powered by 18V lithium-ion batteries that come with the package. This is a solid one of the best cordless hammer drill that is capable of drilling through tough masonry effortlessly.
If you need holes in the floor or the concrete wall, then this is the power tool for the job. It comes with features that put it at par with the best rotary hammer drills on the market.
The tool produces 1.7 ft-lbs of impact energy and up to 1350 RPM/4900 BPM. The power is enormous if you did not work with cordless hammer drills earlier. The patented REDLINK+Intelligence system monitors and guards the motor against stress and overheating.
With this cordless hammer drill, you don’t have to switch out batterie frequently. With this beast, you can work all day with the batteries without facing any physical problems.
You don’t have to worry about power sources with this Milwaukee power tool, and you don’t have to switch out batteries frequently. You can drill and hammer the whole dayThe RED-LITHIUM battery packs offer 20% more energy and come with twice the life of typical Lithium-ion batteries.
Both professionals and DIYers will love this cordless drill. This is one of the best cordless hammer drills (rotary hammer drill) right now in the market.
Key features of Milwaukee 2712-20
- POWERSTATE Brushless Motor
- REDLITHIUM Battery Technology for extended power, run time, and longer battery life
- REDLINK PLUS Intelligence optimizes performance and total communication between tool, battery, and charger.
- AVS (Anti-Vibration System) increases comfort in using by minimizing vibration
- No-load speed: 0 to 1,400 RPM
- Blows Per Minute: 0 to 4,900 BPM
- Blow Energy: 1.7 ft-lbs
- Solid bit capacity: 1″
- Thin Wall Core bit capacity: 2-1/2″
- 3-Mode Drilling: Rotary Hammer / Hammer Only / Rotation Only
- Trigger lock: No
- Vibration: 8.9 m/s²
- Length: 12.48″
- Weight: 8.5 lbs
- Tool Warranty: 5 years
6. DeWALT DCD996B 20V XR – Best Cordless Hammer Drill
Not only is the DeWALT DCD996B can handle the fastening and drilling applications, but it also comes with a LED work light setup in the front to help you light your working area.
When you are working indoor or confined spaces, you might need additional light to enhance visibility. This best cordless hammer drill comes with this feature for your convenience.
The brushless 3-speed hammer drill driver toll has a patented 3-speed all-metal transmission technology. This technology prompts you to use this tool in many various kinds of applications.
Combining this cutting-edge technology and the high-performance motor allows you to accomplish different types of tasks effortlessly.
The speed selector is also straightforward to operate so that your job is not interrupted whenever you need to change the machine settings.
Power tools need to be robust, so don’t go for a cheap inferior product to do heavy-duty tasks. Be wise and get this DeWALT DCD996B 20V Max XR one of the best cordless hammer drill bare tools or kits, and it could be an excellent investment for your business.
Key Features of DeWALT DCD996B
- Power Source: Cordless Hammer Drill
- Weight: 4 Pounds
- Speed: 2250 RPM
- Motor: Brushless Motor (4amp Battery)
- 3 Speed Settings
- High-efficiency brushless motor produces up to 57 percent more run time over brushed
- 0 – 38,250 BPM for fast drilling in masonry materials
- 3-Mode LED light delivers illumination in dark or confined spaces
- It comes with a ½ inch chuck, and that is self-tightening. The chuck stays tight throughout the application to provide superior gripping strength.
- The powerful motor of 820 Watts is perfect for all your drilling and fastening tasks in no time.
- It comes with a high-efficiency motor that is a significant privilege to finish your jobs faster.
7. PORTER-CABLE PCC620LB 20V MAX Tool Only – Best Cordless Hammer Drill (Light Weight)
This is probably an excellent choice for homeowners. But we assume this PCC620LB from Porter-Cable is also a convenient tool for professionals.
The PCC621LB drill has 283 MWO or max watts out. That is less power than some other models on our list, but it’s still powerful enough to drill and fasten in masonry.
The two-speed transmission of this best cordless hammer drill offers a maximum of 1500rpm with 25,500bpm hammer action. You can switch off the hammer action for drilling in lighter materials, too.
The hammer drill is equipped with a 22 clutch setting so that you can set a precise amount of torque according to the job.
At 3.6 pounds, the drill is lighter than many best cordless hammer drills from top brands. The drill is a little bit longer, measuring 8-3/4-inches front to back. but that shouldn’t be a problem unless you’re working in a tiny space
Besides these features, the PCC621LB comes with an LED work light mounted underneath its barrel. The LED light turns on when you pull the trigger and illuminates the working area to provide a clear vision.
Key Features of Porter-Cable PCC620LB
- Power Source: Battery
- Voltage: 20 Volts
- Weight: 3.6 Pounds
- High-performance best cordless hammer drill which generates 25,500 BPM for drilling speed in masonry
- The motor provides 283 MWO for heavy Jobsite applications
- Two Speed gearbox with 1,500 MAX RPM for speed
- fastening1/2″ Chuck for improved bit
- Compact size at 8.75.”
- 20V Lithium-Ion batteries for extensive runtime
- Comes with a Hammer drill, PCC681L batteries, and PCC699L charger.
8. CRAFTSMAN CMCD711C2 V20 Cordless Hammer Drill Kit: Best Budget Best Cordless Hammer Drill
If you are looking for a cordless hammer drill at an affordable price that can tackle most projects around your house, the Craftsman V20 Cordless Hammer Drill is the best you can get in the market.
The Craftsman CMCD711C2 20V Brushless Hammer Drill delivers a legitimate Pro-level 2100 RPM no-load speed. This Craftsman 20 V MAX cordless hammer drill is perfect for a wide range of drilling and fastening needs.
The drill driver is has a 1/2” ratcheting chuck to fit various types of drill bits and improved bit retention. The cordless drill has two speeds that deliver a performance of 0-350 RPM and 0-1500 RPM. With these two speed settings, you can perform your drilling works more with ease.
The 280 watts of output provides the power you need to complete heavy-duty applications in wood and masonry. Moreover, the drill is lightweight and features a comfortable grip. This cordless hammer drill generates 25,500 BPM for faster drilling projects in concrete and brick.
The 2.0Ah 20V MAX lithium-ion battery delivers enough runtime and increases performance. The battery charger can charge the batteries in under 60 minutes which is quite remarkable. Moreover, this drill has a built-in LED work light above the trigger to illuminate the working area.
Key features of CRAFTSMAN CMCD711C2
- Part of the V20 cordless system
- Power Source: Battery Powered
- Tool Voltage: 20 Volts
- Battery Cell Type: Lithium-Ion
- 1/2in. One of The Best Cordless hammer drill with a high-performance motor
- produces 280 unit watts out for heavy-duty drilling applications
- 1/2in. Ratcheting chuck for improved bit retention
- 25, 500 bpms for faster drilling in concrete and brick
- 2speed gearbox with speeds of 350/01, 500 for speed of fastening
- Included V20 20V MAX* Lithium Batteries with high-performance cells delivers extended runtime and increased performance
- V20 20V MAX* Lithium charger provides a 60 minute or less charge time
9. RYOBI P1812 ONE+ Hammer Drill Kit – Best Cordless Hammer Drill Combo Kit
RYOBI P1812 18v one of the best cordless hammer drills can deliver up to 750-inch pounds of torque with the 24 position clutch. You can drill through several different materials, from wood to masonry to plastic, with the 3-position speed adjustment knob.
Near the base of this hammer drill, there is a platform where you can put your bits and fasteners. This way, you can change bits without walking away from your job to your tool bag for different jobs. The drill is powered by a 4 amp-hour battery, one of the largest in Ryobi’s lineup.
Moreover, It has an onboard fuel gauge that shows you how much power is left. The drill also can work both in extreme and low temperatures.
The kit comes with a fast charger that can fully charge 2 amp hour batteries in as little as 30 minutes. Moreover, you can use the rest of the batteries in Ryobi’s 18v One+ lineup. Compatible models include the P100, P102, P103, P104, P105, P107, and P108.
The kit comes with a solid and functional contractor bag. You can keep your hammer drill, battery, charger, and other accessories in this bag.
Key Features of RYOBI P1812
- Power Source: Battery
- Chuck Size: 1/2″
- No Load Speed: 0 – 375 and 0 – 1,600 RPM
- Blows: 0 – 5,600 and 0 – 24,000 BPM
- Torque: 600-inch pounds
- Clutch Positions: 24
- Weight: 3.2 pounds bare
- Length: 8-15/16″
- 18v power drill can be set up to 750-inch lbs of torque with the 24 position clutch.
- Magnet bit holder holds bits strongly and provides enhanced security.
- 4 amp hour battery is at the top of Ryobi’s lineup
- Capable of working in extreme temperatures in as low a temperature as 14 degrees Fahrenheit (-10 degrees Celsius).
- Contractor bag keep the hammer drill, charger, and other accessories
- Warranty: 3 years
Frequently Asked Questions
Why Should I Buy The Best Cordless Hammer Drill?
Best Cordless hammer drills provide many advantages over their corded rivals. You can work heavy-duty and medium-duty applications with cordless hammer drills. They are portable, convenient, and safe regardless of the settings.
Suppose you have a task located some distance from a plug socket, and you have a corded hammer drill. What will you do? First, you have to look for a power source nearby the job site and then find an extension cord long enough to power up your corded hammer drill.
Second, if you are working on a job site, tasks become more challenging because it is a trip hazard for you and your colleagues.
Another important reason for buying the best cordless hammer drill is that it is portable, which means you can take your cordless hammer drill anywhere you want. Many professionals use corded hammer drills for this reason.
But remember, cordless drills are run by battery, so always keep your battery charged and, if possible, use extra batteries when working on big projects.
What is a Cordless Rotary Hammer Drill?
The rotary best cordless hammer drill is a heavy-duty drill machine, and you can use this for boring deeper and larger holes through concrete and other masonry materials. In a medium-duty hammer drill, the impact comes from the two discs’ up and down movement.
But the striking action in the best cordless hammer drill comes from a piston system that compresses the air and uses air pressure to generate greater force.
If you have worked with both a hammer drill and rotary hammers, you may know the difference. Rotary hammers can drill larger and deeper holes through different sorts of masonry material (stone, brick, poured concrete, etc.).
Therefore, these are the best cordless hammer drills when you take up more challenging projects since they will require you to do less work and will. Cordless rotary hammer drills will make your life easier in complex projects.
On the other hand, you can switch rotary hammer drills to the hammer-only mode, and this is a helpful feature when you are doing medium-duty or light jobs. However, rotary hammer drills are not ideal for light drilling tasks such as woodwork, plastic, or metal.
Even in the hammer-only mode, the power that a rotary hammer drill produces is too great to let it work on timber. So, it would be better if you are finding a drill for both heavy and medium-duty applications.
You should purchase a regular cordless hammer drill, but if you plan on heavy-duty works only, we suggest you buy a rotary hammer drill.
How Do I Choose The Best Cordless Hammer Drill?
Choosing the best cordless hammer drill depends on various factors. Before purchasing a hammer drill, you should observe the following.
Best Cordless hammer drills are heavier than medium-duty standard cordless drills. These machines and batteries are both heavy. Most cordless hammer drills weigh between 6 and 10 lbs, which is half from their corded version.
Therefore with a heavy-weight best cordless hammer drill, hand and wrist fatigue is a problem for professionals. Before purchasing your cordless hammer drills, look for the weight. Consider a light one if the applications you are going to perform are not too heavy.
The clutch helps the drill motor to detach when it reaches its maximum torque. Clutch prevents you from burning out your drill and damaging the gears.
You can see the clutch engages when the drill bit stop and the drill makes a loud ratcheting noise. Some of the better hammer drills allow you to set the maximum torque.
In cheaper drills, you will get only one speed. But we suggest you pick one with adjustable speed settings. Drilling through masonry and concrete varies from other applications in that speed is less critical, and torque plays a higher role.
That’s why drills with adjustable speed settings are the best because you can use those for different tasks.
Motors are the powerhouse of your cordless drill. Brushless motors provide more efficiency and make the drill long-lasting than their brushed counterparts. So, if you are looking for an efficient motor, go brushless.
Beats Per Minute
A hammer drill is a percussive tool. Inside the drill, an anvil hammers into the chuck and generates the downward force. This is why we call it a hammer drill. Beats per minute (BPM) refers to the number of times the anvil strikes the chuck each minute.
You don’t have to be a genius to understand the higher the BPM, the better the drill.
Many of the best cordless hammer drills come with lithium-ion batteries. These batteries are capable of holding charges for a long time and delivers power more efficiently. Moreover, lithium-ion batteries have a longer lifespan.
Some years ago, cordless drills were only used for light or medium-duty tasks. But, not anymore. Modern battery technology and powerful brushless motors have improved cordless motors.
Now, you can drill through rigid surfaces like concrete, rock with a cordless hammer drill.
Moreover, they are portable and provides safety in the job sites. That’s why cordless hammer drills are getting popular day by day.
We have listed the best cordless hammer drills after several tests and reviewing marketplace reviews. We hope this list will help you a lot, and you will be able to find the best cordless drill for your use from this article.