SKIL 10 Inch Drill Press 3.2 AmpAbout $198.95
Tight Bit Gripping Strength4.5/5
Comfort and Control4.5/5
- This drill machine is for drilling robust power requiring hard materials that is not possible using handheld drills.
- While other drill machines keep 2 or 3 speed settings this one contains five speed setting options.
- For placing the drilling objects at the right point, the manufacturer of it kept the laser system and it works.
- Due to its "1/2-Inch Keyed Chuck" you’ll be able to place a precise size drill bit all the time.
- For its 50.8 pounds weight, you’ll not be able to move this drill machine anywhere easily.
Skil 10 inch drill press:
If you’re looking for a precise depth hole creating a tool for your big working project, this is one of the best drill machines for you. In using any handheld drill machine, you’ll have to drill in a certain depth based on your imagination, but it is not like that. Skil 10 inch drill press is a drill press, and it will create holes in a specific depth and can perform drilling in so much harder materials. But that doesn’t mean here you’ll need to drill using human energy, rather the motor of it will supply the necessary power to do the needful. Like the other top-class drill presses, you’ll have to place the drilling object in it for drilling. In this article, we’ll show you all the details of ” SKIL 3320-01 3.2 Amp 10-Inch Drill Press.”
Why is it the best one for creating holes in a specific depth?
The using procedure of this one is not like the handheld drills, and here you’ll have to set the drilling depth. According to the drilling depth you selected, it will create the hole, and that’s why this machine is best for creating holes in a specific depth. You know if you want to enjoy “Greater Precision” the drill press is the right option to choose for so many reasons. Besides this, you’ll get here so many amazing features, like it can hold “larger diameter bits.” Those features you’ll really need in the time of creating larger holes in wooden materials, or something like that. There are some differences as well as some similarities in the working procedure of handheld drills and drill presses. You’ll have to attach drill bits with the tool, and for turning on the drill machines, you’ll have to plug the power cord first. So, it is not for using anywhere like the ordinary handheld cordless drills, as you’ll have to plug the power cord. Here you’ll see the laser battery but it is not for running the drilling function, but for illuminating laser lights.
First to understand some working issues and examine- is it for you or not?
Before ordering this one finally for you, you should know some main features of this best drill machine for choosing the right one for you.
- Using this drill press, you may run the drilling functions in 5 different speed settings. The speed settings start from 570 RPM and end in 3,050 RPM that is comparatively higher.
- This one is a bit weighty as its weight is 50.8 pounds, and thus not easily moveable. Like the other drill press, you’ll have to place the drilling materials on the table of it all the time.
- Here the chuck is not keyless, and you have to attach the drill bits in “1/2-inch keyed chuck.” But it has the capacity to hold larger drill bits in the chuck and that’s great for creating larger holes.
- You’ll have to plug the power cord of this machine in any 110-120V outlet all the time before starting the drilling function. If you order this SKIL 3320-01 tool, you’ll get a 3-year warranty with a money-back guarantee for 30 days.
If these features can fill your criteria, then you should order this drill after checking the ASIN Number- B003LSSS0W of this machine.
How may you drill perfectly using this SKIL 3320-01 drill press?
The use of this one is quite different in comparison with the lightweight handheld drill machines- take a look below to get the point.
- When you’ll get the machine in hand, first you should get acquainted with the parts of this tool. You’ll see the motor and other important parts of this drill press at the top of it. The base part of this tool is black color and between the motor and the base, you’ll get a black color table. On this table you’ll have to place the object you’re going to drill, and this table is durable enough to retain weighty objects. The table is with the metal pipe-like tool called column and for keeping it standing rightly, you see a “Column support” at the bottom part.
- If you need to move the table for easing the drilling procedure you may do so easily at any time. To do that, you just need to turn the handle placed behind the table, and the manufacturer kept it loose for turning. On the left side, below the motor, you’ll get the power cord and you’ll have to plug it first. Below the power cord, you’ll get a knob called “Tension lock knob,” you’ll have to tighten it, otherwise you may experience slippage. Here you’ll not see the illumination of LED light when the drilling function runs, for enlightening, though it contains a laser light.
- For illuminating this laser light, the manufacturer kept a laser battery in this drill press, but the drilling function will run using direct electricity. Commonly you’ll need the LED light for the placement of the drill bit because here you’ll have to place the drilling object on the table. At the right side of the drill press, below the motor, you’ll see a turning tool containing three handles. You’ll have to turn it for keeping the drill bit in contact with the drilling object that means when you turn it the chuck will move. The parts assembly of this drill press is not so easy job here, so you should not detach any part unnecessarily.
- For starting the drilling function firstly you need to keep the table in the right position as you like. After that, place the drilling objects like wood or metal on the table and select the area in which you want to drill. Now set the right drill bit and turn the turning tool containing handles, for touching the drilling object with the drill bit. Now if everything is okay then you may plug the power cord, and press on the on/off switch. You’ll get this switch at the front part below the motor, and by pressing on this switch you’ll see the rotation of the drill bit starts.
Some cool features that you should know for the better use of it
This best drill machine can provide you a good number of cool features that many others cannot. Some of those are as follows-
- Big Drill Bit Holding Capacity: You know the drilling nature is importantly dependent on the drill bit you attached with the chuck. But, not all the drill chucks can hold the larger-sized drill bits, and that’s why those become ineffective for creating big holes. Due to having 1/2-Inch Keyed Chuck in this tool, you’ll be able to attach big drill bits here and thus can create big holes.
- 5 Speed Settings: Commonly a drill machine provides one or two-speed settings, but this one offers 5-speed settings. These five-speed settings are 570 RPM, 900 RPM, 1390 RPM, 2050 RPM, and 3050 RPM. For increasing the rotational speed you have to place the belt on the “largest motor pulley step.” And if you want to decrease the speed, you may place it on a smaller step.
- Drilling Depth: It is not like the handheld drill machines, where you’ll have to work on imagination, rather you may set the drilling depth. To do that, you’ll have to do the necessary adjustment turning the “depth scale hub” and it works well. When you tighten the “depth scale lock” rightly it will not drill in more depth whatever you selected.
- Laser Line: Due to the nature of the drill press illumination of the LED all the time carries almost no importance. But here the placement of the drill bit is very important and for easing the procedure the manufacturer kept the laser system. The laser light will help you- in which point the drill bit will rotate, seeing which you may adjust the drilling objects.
Last utterance on SKIL 3320-01 drill press
This Best Drill Machine is for working all day in an industry where you need to drill harder materials. It is true that you’ll not be able to move it here and there, but it has become weighty for its improved quality parts attachment. You may order this one if you need to do a huge number of drilling jobs a day including larger-sized drilling.